Explore Group is a progressive, dynamic and sustainable company offering an exciting range of tours and cruises in Auckland and the Bay of Islands.
Discover the Bay – Hole in the Rock
Discover the best of the Bay including the Hole in the Rock, dolphin viewing and stop off at the Department of Conservations Urupukapuka Island.
Swim with the Dolphins
Swim with dolphins in their natural habitat and the warmest waters in NZ from our purpose built swim vessel.
Sail Lion New Zealand
Spend the day onboard the late Sir Peter Blake’s world famous oceangoing 80ft maxi yacht, including a fresh lunch and island activities!
Dune Rider – Cape Reinga
Visit the top of the country Cape Reinga, taking in all the best of the Far North on the way; 90 Mile Beach, Sandboarding at Te Paki Stream and Gumdigger’s Park. Includes lunch and a stop for dinner of fresh fish n chips at own expense.
Cruise and discover the very best of the Bay of Islands. Experience the spectacular scenery in an area that is soaked in rich culture and history. Encounter diverse wildlife in their natural surroundings.
Your cruise includes:
•Crusing among the 144 islands with skipper's commentary
•A visit to the iconic ‘Hole in the Rock' and when conditions permit travel through it
•Viewing dolphins on over 90% of our trips, we are the only ‘Hole in the Rock' trip with a lifetime dolphin viewing guarantee.
•Island stop at Otehei Bay on the Department of Conservation's Urupukapuka Island
Discover the Far North on our purpose-built off road vehicle. Visit gumdiggers park, Cape Reinga, drive along 90 Mile Beach, boogie board down massive sand dunes and more...
Fascinating commentary from your knowledgeable local driver.
Drive along the sand on Ninety Mile Beach
Climbing the giant sand dunes and boogie board back down.
Visit Cape Reinga
Visit the ‘world famous' Mangonui Fish shop for the freshest fish and chips.
Please let us know where you are staying and we can arrange a pick up. Departure from Explore NZ office is 7.20am.
Please bring a spare change of clothing and a towel as you might get wet sand boarding.
One day is just not enough to see it all. Combine Dune Rider with the Discover the Bay Hole in the Rock cruise, and enjoy the complete Northland Experience over two days.
Not to be missed is a tour to Cape Reinga via 90 mile Beach, a very special and spiritual journey to the top of New Zealand.
Your tour includes:
• An early morning pick up at your accommodation
• Fascinating commentary by our local drivers
• Gumdigger's Park and a guided tour (included in price)
• A freshly prepared lunch box (included in price)
• Climbing huge sand dunes and boogie boarding down
• A walk to Cape Reinga lighthouse and viewing the meeting of the two oceans
• Visiting the Ancient Kauri Kingdom
• A stop at the ‘world famous' Mangonui Fish Shop (fresh fish and chips optional extra)
Experience the spectacular scenery in an area that is soaked in rich culture and history.
Encounter diverse wildlife in their natural surroundings. Explore the Bay of Islands with us.
Your Discover the Bay cruise includes:
• Cruising among the 144 islands with skipper's commentary
• A visit to the iconic ‘Hole in the Rock' and when conditions permit, travel through it
• The opportunity to meet the local dolphins/whales (lifetime viewing guarantee)
• Island time at Otehei Bay on the Department of Conservation's Urupukapuka Island
When booking please state in 'Preferences or comments' preferential dates for Dune Rider and Discover the Bay along with the name of your accommodation in Paihia for Dune Rider pick up.
If a cancellation is made within 24 hours of arrival day, loss of 100% of the total booking price.